Setting up a class to allow for drop-ins
Once your class is set up, you can add the option to allow students to “drop in” for specific classes without having to enroll in the whole class.
1. Click into the class you wish to update
2 Select Details tab > Fees tab.
3. Select the Customer Type you want the fee to apply to
4. Under the Fee Types heading, click the drop down and select Drop-In Fee
5. Fill in the Tuition you wish to charge. This is the fee that the student will be charged for each instance of the class they register to drop into.
6. Assign the G/L Account code if applicable.
7. Select if discounts should apply to the drop-in fee.
8. Select if the drop-in fee is deductible.
Students will now be able to register for individual instances of the class without having to register for the entire class. Example:
Registering for a Drop-In Class
If you are enrolling a student as a drop in via the admin portal
1. Click the Enroll button.
2. Search for the student you want to enroll in.
3. Search for and select the class you want to enroll the student in
4. You will see an icon that says Drop In
5. Click the drop-in button which will open a window for you to select the dates you want to enroll the student to drop in to. The dates in the drop-down menu will match the date range the class has been set up. You can select multiple dates.
6. Once you have selected the desired dates, click the add button. The invoice will display the dates selected for drop in under the name of the class
7. Accept Payment or Create Invoice
8. You will then see your drop in students listed on your class roster
9. Drop-in students will be reflected in attendance for your class with the Teacher Assistant. Drop-in students will only be listed on the days they enrolled to drop in.
Adding additional drop-in days to an invoice
If you wish to add additional drop in dates to an invoice:
1. Open the invoice you wish to edit.
2. Click the pencil icon to edit the invoice.
3. Click the Drop In icon – this will open the module and allow you to select additional dates
4. Once you have selected the additional dates you want click add
5. Save changes to invoice.
Changing a drop-in student from Drop-In to Enrolled
There may be times that a student registers to drop into a class, finds they really like it and want to enroll in the full class. To do this, you will need to enroll the student as normal. If the student has any drop in dates pending, you will want to drop the student from those dates and handle invoicing appropriately.
Reports that will help manage Drop-In student enrollments
1. Class Instance Enrollment Count - This report shows the number of enrolled, pending, drop in, waitlisted and dropped students for each class instance.
2. Class Roster with Drop-In Students - This report shows both regularly enrolled students and drop-in attendees on the dates they are attending. This report will only show dates if there is a class scheduled on that date. Time Period selection is required.
3. Drop-ins by date report (Under Custom Queries) – displays drop-in students by drop-in date
4. Get Drop-ins by date and site (Under Custom Queries) – Displays a list of drop-in students by date, site, course and last name