There is a report in ASAP that helps you track students status towards the 90-day period of participation rule. The report is found on Reporting | Miscellaneous | Periods of Participation.
Select one or more time periods, choose a WIOA instructional program (only the WIOA ones appear, no others), select one or more (or all) courses and then do the following:
- Enter a date --> this is the date from which ASAP looks backward
- In the example below, I used 11/1/2022 and want to look at any student who has missed 50 calendar days since the last date of attendance.
- Enter Days Absent --> enter the number of days absences. Any student with this number of days absence (calendar days) or more since the last date of attendance, will be displayed.
- In the example below, I want to know about any student with 50 or more calendar days without attendance in the WIOA | ESL/ELL Program.
In the example above, notice Student First has 85 days since his last attendance date. This student is approaching the 90 mark and should be contacted.
Report looks at Enrolled, Pending, Dropped and Completed.
If Dropped, we want the office to know the teacher Dropped the student.
- If Completed, we count because student could be marked Completed in Fall and has not yet come back in Spring so POP counts from last attendance date in Completed class.
- Best Practices
- Make sure instructors are up-to-date with their attendance records.