You can drop a student from a class any time prior to the class starting, for example if the student is mistakenly enrolled in the wrong class. Or, you can drop a student any time during the duration of the course, for example if the student must drop for personal reasons. If the class is paid for or partially paid for, there are options for crediting or refunding the student.
- Locate the student's account.
- On the student listing page, click the student's name. This opens the student account details page.
- On the Enrollments tab, under Activities, select the class. This opens the enrollment details page.
- On the enrollment details page, click More Options and select Drop Student.
- For Drop Reason, select the reason the student is dropping the class.
- For Drop Date, if the date is different than today, click the calendar and select the date.
- Select an option for how to handle the paid amount. The options vary depending if the invoice is paid, partially paid, or unpaid.
- No Change: There is no change to the invoice. The student is dropped from the class and if there is a balance on the invoice, the student is responsible for it. Select this option if you are making a refund to a Credit Card. You will process this on the invoice itself.
- Refund: Refunds the student for the amount that you enter. Full refund is the default, but you can change that to a partial refund. The refund method defaults to the method used to pay for the class. NOTE: if cash or check is the refund method, you are responsible for ensuring the student receives the money.
- Credit: Applies credit to the student's account for the amount that you enter. Full credit is the default, but you can change that to a partial credit.
- Set fee to $0: The class fee on the invoice is set to $0, therefore the student does not owe any money. This option is available for unpaid invoices only.
- If you want to send an email notifying the student, select Notify The Student.
- Review the message being sent, if needed you can change the text.
- Enter notes.
- Click Drop Student.
ASAP opens the invoice detailing all the information. It displays next to the dropped class, and any monetary adjustments applied. If you need to make invoice adjustments, for example refund or credit any payments in a payment plan, on the invoice page menu, click More Options and select the applicable option.