Use this handy Checklist to prepare your system for a new set of Private Lesson enrollments either entered directly or created using the Rolling Lessons method.
1 Configure the Time Period
- Set up default Number of Lessons per time period
- In Set Up, select Terms.
- Click the + to create a new Time Period or click the ... menu in each item to Edit an existing one
- Add the default Number of Lessons for this time period (this can be changed during individual lesson creation if necessary).
2 Configure Payment Plan (not required)
- In Set Up, select Terms > Payment Plans
- Click to toggle options to Yes:
- Allow Payment Plans - to add payment plans to your ASAP system
- All students to choose payment plans online - to offer the Payment Plan option as students pay their invoices
- In Set Up, select Terms > Time Periods
- Select ... in the Time Period you wish to Edit
- Pay Plan Months - the number of payments, including deposit, and the Pay Plan Start Date (first scheduled payment date).
- Deposit and Pay Plan Fee are optional.
When a student selects this payment plan online, they will pay a deposit at checkout and then two additional charges will be made on 9/1/22 and 10/1/22.
Learn more about Payment Plans
- In Set Up, select Terms > Holidays
Learn how to Set Up Holidays
- In Private Lessons > Lessons, select ... and Lesson Fees
Learn more about Fee Tiers and Lesson Fees
If you are re-enrolling Existing Students using the Rolling Lessons method
- In Private Lessons > Enrollments select the lesson to exclude
- In Details, click the to Edit this page
- Check Turn off ability to roll this Lesson to another Time Period
- In Private Lessons > Enrollments
- Select Change Request filter
Learn more about Change Requests
- In Tools, select Communication Center > Templates
- Select Email Template Name = PrivateLessonEnrolment
- Click Edit
- Cancel Lesson option
This link removes the lesson and invoice and all trace of the lesson being created. This means that you cannot track who has cancelled their lessons. If you want to track cancellations, we recommend you delete the Cancel Lesson option and replace it with an email address to send a cancellation to.
- Up to 100 only!!
Please note the maximum number of lessons to roll at a time is 100. Use filters such as day or subject to create groups with fewer than 100 lessons
- Re-enrolling with Instructor Availability
If you have entered Instructor Availability, during a direct enrollment the system alerts you if the teacher is unavailable. When rolling lessons using the Roll Lessons tool, lessons WILL be created in the new time period even if the instructor is marked as unavailable.
- Students with a Balance
If your policy is NOT to re-enroll students with an outstanding balance, you can exclude those students from re-enrollment by going to the Private Lesson Details page and checking the option to Turn off ability to roll this lesson to another Time Period.